Apart from the wonderful community upliftment organisations La Residence supports, we are also committed to the following ongoing sustainability initiatives:
STIMULATING LOCAL BUSINESSES
- We source the freshest ingredients from local suppliers of fruit, vegetables, baked goods, dairy, freshwater salmon and trout, wines, and a variety of handmade chocolate treats. These suppliers are all local, small-scale operations that in turn support their immediate communities.
- We have an incredible array of local artists on display throughout the hotel.
- We empower local entrepreneurs through outsourced services and suppliers.
PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT
- We make use of geothermal heating in each of our Vineyard Suites for all heating and cooling purposes.
- We use energy-saving light bulbs
- All showerheads have been replaced with certified water-saving attachments.
- Only indigenous trees are planted. Removal of alien vegetation is an ongoing mission.
- We have removed all plastic bottles and straws where possible.
- We have four beehives in the estate which produce honey for our guests while benefiting the surrounding ecosystem.
- We provide training and internship programmes for students from local colleges and academies.
- We provide the venue for class presentations.
STAFF TRAINING & WELFARE
- We provide continuous training for staff members through various health & safety, first aid, fire safety, inter-department, inter-company, study assistance, business coaching, and purpose & value initiatives.
- We provide access for staff members to have an annual health check-up and contribute to every staff members’ Medical Aid.