TRP Foundation » Other Sustainability Initiatives at La Residence
Other Sustainability Initiatives at La Residence
Apart from the wonderful community upliftment organisations La Residence supports, we are also committed to the following ongoing sustainability initiatives:
STIMULATING LOCAL BUSINESSES
- We source the freshest ingredients from local suppliers of fruit, vegetables, baked goods and diary, freshwater salmon and trout, wines, and a variety of handmade chocolate treats. These suppliers are all local, small-scale operations that in turn support their immediate communities
- We have an incredible array of local artists on display throughout the hotel.
- We empower local entrepreneurs through outsourced services and suppliers.
PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT
- We make use of geothermal heating in each of our Vineyard Suites for all heating and cooling purposes.
- We use energy saving light bulbs
- All showerheads have been replaced with certified water-saving attachments.
- Only indigenous trees are planted. Removal of alien vegetation is an ongoing mission.
- We have removed all plastic bottles and straws.
- We have four bee hives in the estate which produce honey for our guests while benefiting the surrounding ecosystem.
- We provide training and internship programes for students from local colleges and academies.
- We provide the venue for class presentations.
STAFF TRAINING & WELLFARE
- We provide continuous training for staff members through various health & safety, first aid, fire safety, inter-department, inter-company, study assistance, business coaching, and purpose & value initiatives.
- We provide access for staff members an annual health check up, and contribute to every staff members’ Medical Aid.