TRP Foundation » Leliebloem House
Leliebloem was founded in 1868 in Cape Town.
Today the non-profit Child & Youth Care Centre serves as a home-away-from-home for over 60 children from troubled families. These children, all between the ages of 4 and 18, have been removed by Child Protection Agencies from their primary caregivers and placed via the children’s court for specialist care and intervention programmes in Leliebloem House.
Leliebloem House is an organization held close to the Biden’s hearts for the past 35 years, and The Royal Portfolio looks forward to supporting the organization as it moves into another successful year.
The Silo Hotel staff do weekly visits to Leliebloem and through this they learn to interact in a loving and caring environment. We take along some educational and fun things such as colouring pencils, crayons and building blocks that encourage the kids to get creative.
The Silo is also involved with funding of various projects, food and basic supplies.
THE FOLLOWING PROJECTS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED:
- The wellpoint has been repaired and replaced.
- Replaced and fixed cupboard doors and handles.
- Repaired numerous beds.
- Installed panic buttons to improve security.
- Replaced 12 broken windows
- Fixed the playground swings
THE FOLLOWING PROJECTS ARE IN PROGRESS:
- Sponsoring a child’s school fees per year: Pre-school / Crèche – R4,800 per child or Primary School – R18,000 per child
- Feed a child for a year – R10,000
- Send a child on a behaviour modification course – R30,000
- Activities (buying of balls, crayons, paint, paper, ect) – R5,000 a year
- Christmas Gifts – R24,000 (R400 a child)
- Buy 20 x Scooters – R3,000
- Movie Night – R1,500
- Spa Day / Women’s Day – R1000
- Sports Day – R1000
- Painting of buildings – R70,000
- Planter Boxes – R12.000
- Fix Soccer nets – R7.500
- Fix Jungle gyms – R12,00
- Fix Pool – R25,000
Should you wish to visit Leliebloem House please speak to The Silo’s concierge team, or contact email@example.com. Our team at The Silo will assist in arranging transfers. You are welcome to make a donation towards an item on the wish list or take a gift with you (we have suitable gift packs of necessities available to purchase from our curio shop for your convenience.
Should you wish to learn more or make a donation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org