TRP respects the privacy of your personal information and has implemented reasonable measures to ensure that processing of your personal information is aligned to the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (‘POPIA’).
Terms defined in the Terms and Conditions shall have the same meaning herein, unless expressly stated otherwise.
In this document the following words shall have the meanings ascribed to them:
- “personal information” shall have the meaning ascribed to that term in the POPIA;
- “POPI” or “POPIA” means the Protection of Personal Information Act, No. 4 of 2013, as amended from time to time and available for viewing at www.gov.za/documents/acts;
- “process” means anything that is done with any personal information, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction or destruction, and “processing” and “processed” shall be construed accordingly; and
- “Terms and Conditions” means the Website terms and conditions and policies set out in the document titled “Terms and Conditions” accessible on the Website, as may be amended from time to time.
- complies with the provisions of the POPIA;
- is open and transparent about how we use your personal data; and
- makes you aware, as far as reasonably possible, of your rights under the POPIA.
- TRP hereby undertakes and/or warrants that:
- all relevant staff members are aware, or shall be made aware of, the importance of the privacy and protection of your personal information and the correct processes to follow in relation to privacy and the handling of personal information;
- your data will be used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- we will only collect your personal information for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not use your personal information in any way that is incompatible with these relevant purposes and limited only to those purposes;
- will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for we require it or as required by law; and
- we will take all reasonable steps and measures to ensure that your personal information is kept securely and protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against loss or destruction using appropriate technical and organizational measures.
- TRP hereby undertakes and/or warrants that:
- What personal information we collect
- TRP will only collect personal information from you which we need to fulfil the requirements of our services to you, as our guest.
- We collect and record only the minimum personal information that is required for us to deliver our services to you.
- The categories of your personal information which we may collect and hold may include but are not limited to: such as name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, and personal travel arrangements. In addition, we may also be required to obtain your passport details to pass to authorities which require Advanced Passenger Information.
- We will need to collect this information to arrange the travel and other services you are requesting. In some cases, we may also need to collect more sensitive personal data such as information concerning medical conditions, disabilities and special requirements such as dietary requests which may disclose your religious beliefs, so as to be able to consider your particular needs in relation to a booking.
- How we use this personal information
- We use your personal information to:
- fulfil our contract with you and/or deal with your booking or intended booking, including processing your booking, sending you your itinerary or other details relating to your booking;
- update you on changes to your stay or travel itinerary (for example, if there is a change to your booking pre-travel or if a flight is delayed or cancelled);
- manage your wider travel or services requirements (for example, liaising with and transferring your data to airlines, service providers and/or travel facilitators so that they can facilitate your booking and/or your travel arrangements so any disruption can be minimised), this includes when you book a package, hotel, car or other service which may be provided by us or third parties with us;
- process payments for your booking, fulfil requests for refunds and for accounting or audit purposes;
- personalise the service and offers you receive (for example, by being aware of previous travel experiences, transactions or preferences, and tailoring the way we provide our products or services to you based on your preferences and profile);
- communicate and interact with you at different times throughout your journey;
- communicate with airlines, accommodation providers and other parties that are part of your journey regarding your experience, preferences, compliments or complaints;
- improve the products and services we offer or help us to create new ones;
- conduct guest satisfaction surveys so that we can obtain a better understanding of how we can continue to improve the products and services we offer or help us to create new ones. During these surveys we may collect personal information from you relating to your thoughts/comments about your experience with us; and
- market our products and services to you.
- Where we need to process your special personal information (or those you are booking for), we will do so in the ordinary course of our business, for a legitimate purpose, and in accordance with applicable law. We also share this information with third parties (who help manage our business and deliver services such as those parties who provide wheelchairs at airports) and other companies (who help manage your booking or journey), and we transfer it globally. Where you (or any passenger travelling) provides us with special personal information you agree that you have voluntarily provided such information, and you consent (and the passenger travelling consents) for us to use that information for the purposes for which it was collected.
- If you have any queries about any of our products or services, compliments or complaints, we will need to collect information from you, including your contact details, in order for us to respond to your query or provide you with assistance. We will collect this information when you, send us an email, call our customer service centre, visit a local office or contact us via another form of communication such as through social media or an online chat tool.
- We may disclose your personal information to our associates, operators and service providers, for legitimate business purposes, in accordance with applicable law and subject to applicable professional and regulatory requirements regarding confidentiality. In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- if required by law;
- legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation;
- third party operators (including, but not limited to, data processors such as providers of data hosting services and document review technology and services), located anywhere in the world, subject to 4.5;
- where it is necessary for the purposes of, or in connection with, actual or threatened legal proceedings or establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights;
- to any relevant party for the purposes of the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including, but not limited to, safeguarding against, and the prevention of threats to, public security;
- to any relevant third party acquirer(s), in the event that we sell or transfer all or any portion of our business or assets (including, but not limited to, in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation); and
- to any relevant third party provider, where our Website uses third party advertising, plugins or content.
- If we engage a third party operator to process any of your personal information, we recognise that any operator who is in a foreign country must be subject to a law, binding corporate rules or binding agreements which provide an adequate level of protection similar to POPIA. We will review our relationships with operators we engage and, to the extent required by any applicable law if force, we will require such operators to be bound by contractual obligations to:
- only Process such Personal Information in accordance with our prior written instructions; and
- use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of such Personal Information.
- We use your personal information to:
- Direct Marketing
- We may process your personal information for the purposes of providing you with information regarding services that may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe for free at any time.
- If you currently receive marketing information from us which you would prefer not to receive in the future please email us at email@example.com.
- International transfer of Personal Information
- We may transfer your personal information to recipients outside of the Republic of South Africa.
- Subject to 4.5, Personal Information may be transferred outside of the Republic of South Africa provided that the country to which the data is transferred has adopted a law that provides for an adequate level of protection substantially similar to POPIA, the operator/third party undertakes to protect the Personal Information in line with applicable data protection legislation and the transfer is necessary in order to provide the hospitality and other related services that are required by our clients.
- Storage of your personal information
- In some circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods of time, for example, where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, or accounting requirements. In specific circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal information or dealings.
- Your rights in terms of the POPIA
Where applicable, your rights in terms of the POPIA include, among others, to:
- be informed of the personal information being held by TRP, why it is being held, and how, if at all, it was used and shared or otherwise dealt with by us;
- have access at any time to your personal information being held by us;
- at any time be able to rectify errors in relation to your personal information in our possession;
- request that your personal information held by us is deleted or no longer used by us, save for if we are required by law to retain the personal information (in which case it cannot be deleted).
- Accuracy of personal information
Should your personal information change at any time, the onus is on you to inform and notify TRP of such change. You acknowledge that the personal information provided to TRP should be accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Security breach and Disclaimer
- Whilst we have implemented and taken all reasonable measures to protect your personal information in our possession and to ensure that our information systems are not breached, because the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and TRP cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted using the internet and we cannot be held liable for any loss of privacy occurring during the course of such transmission.
- Should a breach occur, TRP undertakes to ascertain how and where the breach occurred and make sure that the exposed area is repaired immediately.
- We will ascertain which data has become vulnerable as a result and notify you if the breach may affect you and assist you to minimize any potential damages that you may suffer as a result.
- Contacting TRP
Date: 4 December 2021